Monday, July 19, 2010

Re-thinking my goals

I started the new year with a lot of plans and goals, named so because I hoped that calling them that would make it easier not to just forget them, like I generally do with resolutions.

It didn't work.

My plans for the entire year have changed, putting off a lot of my ideas. Our trip to France and Italy has been postponed until next spring, I've temporarily lost interest in Web programming, and it appears another member beat me to creating a website for my hometown church. I tried malva pudding...not the same as I remember. And the difficult part is that it's such an incredibly rich dessert, I have a hard time convinving anyone to eat my almosts. However, my garden is doing well (I've eaten a few veggies out of it, as well as a lot of raspberries) and the other website I was planning is out there at least in its first stages. It still needs some tweaking, some more content and some extra features like email, but it's more progress than I make on a lot of new years goals!

It's a little over halfway through the year--I figure it's time to set some new goals. Achievable ones, and ones that will keep the experiments and adventures going.
  • If my feet heal in time, run a 5K
  • Read all the Sandman books or Les Miserables (bucket list items)
  • Get down the basics of canning, and make a batch of something (jam, jelly, apple butter...not sure yet!)
  • Go to a waterpark
  • Go canoing or kayaking
  • Go camping
  • Start thinking seriously about writing fiction again. Maybe even come up with an outline for something.
There are so many more goals that I'd like to add to this, but I think I'm going to need to start relatively small and hopefully add on further goals as the year wears on.

No comments: