Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Plans

I hate New Year's resolutions. To me, they seem like plans that you make knowing that you will not follow through after the first month. (Unfortunately in Lakeville, people seem to hold on for three or four months...making January through April at the gym unbearably busy!) So, as a rule, I don't make New Year's resolutions that will not be finished by the end of January.

But, every January, I still make "plans." Somehow, not calling them resolutions makes them a little more palatable to me, and makes me feel more like I will follow through. This year, I should have the opportunity to cross a few things off my bucket list. I'm also hoping at this early stage to have the follow-through (for a change) to finish a few projects.
  1. Take a gondola in Venice
  2. Plant a garden
  3. Learn to make malva pudding
  4. See the Sistine Chapel
  5. Visit Versailles
  6. Really learn programming, enough to be able to create something myself
  7. Complete the website for my hometown church and my family's business

No comments: