Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Next adventure: Puerto Vallarta

Early Friday morning (very, very early), I'll be leaving for a week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! A short respite from the below-zero temperatures here will be lovely, and we already have plans for a few adventures in between days hiding from the sun in the tiki huts on the beach. I sunburn ridiculously easily (through a window in Ireland in early March--after an hour) and while I am well stocked up on my SPF 100, I'm already planning on needing to hide from the sun for a few days to recover.

On the itinerary:
  • Snorkeling in the Marieta Islands
  • Zip lining through the jungle
  • Visiting the local botanical gardens
  • Eating far too much Mexican food and enjoying every bite
  • Taking a lot of photos
  • Catching up on my reading while hiding from the sun in the aforementioned tiki huts
  • Possibly whale watching, hiking to a waterfall, swimming with sea lions or walking the boardwalk
I tried to talk everyone into joining me for the "adventure tour" but for some reason no one else seemed quite as interested as I was in a mule ride through the jungle and rappelling down a cold waterfall. Next time...

So I'll be gone for the next week, but hopefully bringing plenty of stories and pictures back with me!

No comments: