Sunday, November 26, 2017

Our Time in Cairns

While we spent some time in Cairns, it wasn't really our destination - it was more of a home base for all the exciting things just outside of Cairns, which I think was perfect. It's a city with beautiful scenery and hot tropical weather - but there's not much to do in Cairns proper. It's essentially a beach bum town - with a beach you can't use because of the crocodiles. And we didn't even get to see the crocodiles on the beach!

There are some great restaurants here, though, and beautiful views along the beach and on the harbor. If you like boats, there are tons of boats to look at, including one small fishing boat we saw that turns into a fresh fish cafe covered in Christmas lights once it docks.

And the weather is beautifully hot and humid...last night I had a nightmare about blizzards, so I think I'm adjusting to the tropics nicely!

Although it's a nice town in general, I have to say my favorite part is the scenery - so here's a few photos!


No comments: