Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Goals Wrap-Up

I did not achieve all my goals for January, but I'm relatively pleased with what I did accomplish. I absolutely did not anticipate the crazy amount of homework I'd be doing this month, which ended up adjusting pretty much all of my plans and goals!

  1. Lose 3 pounds: Fail. I stabilized my weight after the holidays and broke even, and to be honest, I consider that an accomplishment for the month. Between stress, lack of sleep, lack of time to exercise and trying to adjust to my new food budget, I could easily have gained a lot of weight this month. I wish I could make losing weight more of a priority, but as long as I need to spend 4+ hours a day every weekday on my laptop to finish all of my homework, I think my goal is just going to be maintenance. I'm going to strive for more, but I'm afraid that is the most realistic goal for me at this point.
  2. Stay caught up in both my classes. For the first time since my first day of class, I'm feeling relatively caught up--I hope it lasts! I have a massive assignment due on February 6--if I can make that happen, I should be all right. 
  3. Cross at least two more things off my list: Done! I actually crossed four items off. I learned how to make risotto and brownies (successfully twice now!!), learned how to install a light fixture and made sasparilla. This is definitely one of the more successful items for the month!
  4. Get caught up at work: Done-ish. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as being completely caught up for me, but right now I think I'm as close as I will get for quite some time. And the forums were great, with some wonderful food for thought!
  5. Stick to my new budget: Success! It didn't make a noticeable difference in my savings account, thanks to my tuition and car insurance being due this month, but if I can stick to it next month I should see the rewards.
  6. Make sasparilla: Done. It's ok, but not as tasty as I was hoping. It will probably be awhile before I do this again.
Now, time to figure out my goals for February. Homework, budgeting and weight will be involved somehow, but there are quite a few other things on my long-term to-do list that need to start making their way onto my monthly list. We'll see how it goes--now, back to finishing homework!

No comments: