Monday, January 30, 2012

Goals for February

My goals for February are shaping up to be pretty similar to January, but there are at least a few things I'm hoping to cross off my list for good!

  1. Maintain my current weight. Best case scenario, I'd like to lose a pound this month, but realistically I'm shooting for maintaining. Honestly, the way that January went I think that will be a decent level challenge for me!
  2. Stay caught up in school. This is going to be hard, no question about it. There is a lot of reading, pretty regular papers and projects due, and starting next week I'm going to have to start finding people who will barter their time and opinion for cookies. I need guinea pigs for the instruction I'm developing, and unfortunately I picked a topic with a pretty specific target audience. Once of these days, I hope I'll learn to stop making things harder for myself than I need to! In the meantime, I'm going to continue striving to stay caught up.
  3. Make a trip to the recycling center and/or Goodwill. I'm helping Henry clean out his rather cluttered house, including the corners of the basement that have sat untouched for years. It is going to be a long process, but I have him convinced to let go of at least a few things and I want to take advantage of it while I can! My method of cleaning is generally focused around getting rid of everything I haven't used in the last year, so his pack-rat nature drives me NUTS no matter how hard I try to be patient. It's a work in progress for both of us.
  4. List all of the movies and TV shows my brother gave me to sell and at least some of the items Henry is planning to sell online. I've always sold books, movies, CDs, etc. online if I decided I didn't want them anymore; apparently I've inspired them both! My brother gave me a box of DVDs at Christmas which have been sitting in a corner until now; it's time to get them out of the house! 
  5. Cross one thing off my list. I'd love to do more, but unfortunately I don't think I'll have a lot of time to dedicate to many items on this list beyond #1: Getting my graduate certificate.
  6. Pull off a good birthday celebration of some sort for Henry. His birthday is at the end of the month and while I doubt I can live up to the trip to Vegas he decided on last year for his birthday, I'd at least like to avoid another year where he forgets his birthday.
  7. Get rid of at least one large box of my own stuff. My lease is up at the end of April and I would like to have less stuff to move. I did some pretty heavy-duty cleansing after the last time I moved so I am going to have a much harder time purging this time, but I'm pretty confident I can still find things that aren't worth moving. 
  8. Stick to my budget and add at least $800 to my savings account (in addition to my tax return). Again, this is going to be a challenge (especially with Henry's birthday this month and my nephew's birthday right away in March), but will be worth it in the long run.
Most of these are difficult goals for me because there's no good way to cross them off the list. Getting to the end of the month and staying caught up with my homework doesn't have the same level of satisfaction as crossing as many things as possible off my list quickly. I've also got a lot more goals this month, so we'll see how things go!

No comments: