Sunday, February 5, 2012

February Mini-Goals: Update

I haven't made progress on a lot of my goals, but I'm still feeling like a huge success because I finally just submitted one of the most time-intensive homework projects I've ever done! The project I just turned in (which I had exactly a month to do) might have taken me more time to complete than my capstone project for my Bachelor's degree.
  1. Maintain/lose weight: I'm successfully maintaining so far--and hoping I'll be able to exercise an extra day or two this week!
  2. Stay caught up with homework: Success! This is the first time since I've started school that I actually feel caught up. After turning in my assignment this morning, I have actually finished everything that's due this week. I have another project that I need to start on, but it's a pretty great feeling to know that if I take today off from homework, I'm not going to be causing trouble for myself.
  3. Make a trip to the recycling center/Goodwill: I haven't done this yet. But--Henry let me clean out all the old clothes from his closet and dresser to have a garage sale sometime this spring. At least we're getting prepared!
  4. List the movies and TV shows from my brother: I haven't done this yet, but am hoping to get a start on it this week. 
  5. Cross one thing off my list: No progress yet--to be honest, I'm not sure what I'm going to try to accomplish this month!
  6. Pull off a birthday celebration for Henry: I picked up about half of his birthday present and decided where I'm going to take him to dinner (I think,) but if he doesn't come up with any more plans I might try to plan something else for him, too!
  7. Get rid of one large box of my stuff: Again, I haven't done this yet.
  8. Stick to my budget: I'm not sure how well this is going. I picked up about half of Henry's birthday present, the birthday present for my nephew and a few other things that I probably didn't need (my 2011 photo book, and a new book to reward myself for finally finishing my assignment). That took care of most of the things I was planning on buying, though, so hopefully the rest of the month will be easier. At any rate, I did submit my taxes yesterday, and I'm certainly excited to get a nice refund to add to my savings account!
And now, off to finish a few more productive things before we head out for a Superbowl party!

No comments: