Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Goals Update

I did not make a whole lot of progress on my goals this week. Most of the time I'm relatively fine with my never-ending list of things to accomplish, but every now and again I still hit a "rebellious teenager" phase and decide I'm tired of accomplishing things and I just want to sleep in and do nothing. That definitely happened to me this week! So, rather than working on my goals, I went out for dinner, went bowling and watched a lot of episodes of Hell's Kitchen. Today I'm back to homework, but it was a nice little break!

  1. Maintain my current weight: I gained some weight this week, but we'll see whether it sticks around or whether it was a temporary result of my bad decisions!
  2. Stay caught up with homework: For now, I'm still on track with this. After putting in so much time in January, things have slowed down quite a bit. I still have a lot of panic moments where I feel like I MUST be behind since I'm not putting in 30-40 hours a week anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'm still caught up.
  3. Make a trip to the recycling center/Goodwill. Not yet--I think I'm going to try to get to the recycling center this week. We'll see how much stuff I can get out of the house!
  4. List all the movies/TV shows from my brother: I mailed out a few more last week and have a few more to go out this week already. Also, Henry has sold a few items on Craigslist and eBay, so his house is starting to (slowly) empty out!)
  5. Cross one more thing off my list: Not yet. I did make some progress on a few items (made some new recipes, read Les Miserables, attempted and failed to get 120 points in bowling) but nothing to cross off yet.
  6. Pull off a good birthday celebration for Henry: Eight more days! All his gifts are bought, and now I just have to figure out if HE has any plans before I make plans for him.
  7. Get rid of one large box of my stuff: This is also on the docket for this week. 
  8. Stick to my budget: Depending on how I do this week with grocery shopping/gas/other expenses, I should either be right on target to make my savings goal, or just under. I had previously planned to buy my nephew's birthday gift next month, but decided to move it up to make sure it got here before his birthday, which might shift the budget just enough to reduce the amount I put in savings. If this happens, it shouldn't be a big deal--I'll just increase the amount for next month!

No comments: