Sunday, February 12, 2012

February Mini-Goals: Update Week 2

Things are going slower in February than they did in January, but I have to say I'm really enjoying the slower pace! Friday I went to my nephew's school play and then went out with friends, AND yesterday I spent a few hours reading a book that wasn't a textbook, and I'm not behind yet! After such a hectic January, that feels absolutely wonderful. So, a quick update to keep me on track:

  1. Maintain my current weight: I think I'm doing all right on this, but the scale has been a little screwy lately so I'm not 100% sure. I'm trying very hard to cut back on chocolate and sugar now that the worst of my stress is hopefully over (yes, even though the timer for my chocolate cake went off just as I was typing that...) and I've gotten in a few more times of walking lately. 
  2. Stay caught up with homework: Still a success! A few very difficult things fell into place the last few weeks, so I think there's a change I'm actually a little bit ahead. It's a blissful feeling.
  3. Make a trip to the recycling center/Goodwill: Not yet. But I did list some of Henry's nicer electronics on eBay at his request, and it looks like they'll be on their way out of the house soon!
  4. List all the movies and TV shows from my brother: Done. Three of them are already on their way to their new owners, and I sold two more over the weekend. 
  5. Cross one thing off of my list: Not done yet. I'm adding some updates this week, though, as I make some new recipes from my cookbooks (hence the chocolate cake--at least, I'm willing to blame the chocolate cake on my goal!)
  6. Pull off a good birthday celebration for Henry: Still on track, although it's a few weeks away.
  7. Get rid of one large box of my stuff: Not done yet, although I was looking around this week and getting some ideas of things I can clean out.
  8. Stick to my budget: I ran my budget a few days ago and it looks like I'm still on track! I'll have to keep behaving myself for the next couple weeks as I buy the rest of Henry's birthday present, but I should be able to meet my goal if I did all my calculations right.
And now...I'm running out of reasons to postpone my last bit of homework for the weekend. Time to get back to it!

No comments: