Monday, December 7, 2009

Undertaking an Adventure

When I graduated college, one of my professors told me that the hardest part about adapting to life after college was learning how to live with a life that wasn't divided into semesters. At that point, I was thinking about how I was going to miss summer vacation, winter break and spring break. Since then, I've figured out the real problem; my life is no longer automatically refreshed with new interests, people and schedules every four months. I spend eight hours of the day doing the same thing and, while I do learn new things most days, there's almost never a complete shift in focus.

I'm bored.

Through the first twenty three years of my life, everything was focused towards the single goal of learning more, doing more and becoming more. When I graduated, everything I had lived my life for so far was achieved, and I'm still floundering around, trying to find something new with as much meaning, interest and change. In short, I'm looking for the adventure that's going to be my life. Whether it's through achieving the goals on my "bucket list," trying new experiments or just chasing change, I'm here to write my adventure book. I hope for the sake of everyone involved that it's a great story!

No comments: