Sunday, September 14, 2014

Versailles our last day in Paris

Although the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Notre Dame were nice, it was really Versailles that interested me most about Paris. It's a little ways out of the city (about an hour on the train, and a very welcome hour of sitting after the 12 or so miles we walked both in our first day in Paris and our day in Versailles) but well worth the trip.
In fact, there's not a lot to SAY about Versailles besides that its very beautiful and remarkably huge - its the photos that are the important part, so enjoy!
Otherwise, this was our last night in Paris before a very early train out. While I'm glad we came, I can't say that I'll be terribly sorry to leave. A lot of the stereotypes about Paris have seemed to be true in our short time here: the city in places is incredibly beautiful, but in other places is horribly dirty and smells like smoke and pee. Some people have been very friendly and exuded the "joie de vivre" that I've heard mentioned so much about France, while others were stereotypically rude and angry. It was a fun city to visit, but all in all I think we are ready to move on.

No comments: